Senior Ecology Consultant. MSc (Hons) (Zoology), BSc (Botany & Zoology), MRSNZ
- Marine Ecology
Ornithology – coastal and terrestrial bird surveys
Terrestrial bird surveys
Bioresearches project management
Fieldwork, peer review, client liaison and evidence presentation
Graham has over 40 years consulting experience and is the former Managing Director of Bioresearches Group Ltd. His experience spans over 40 years as a specialist in ornithology and wildlife, estuarine and intertidal marine ecology and sediment contamination.
He has worked widely in New Zealand from North Cape to Bluff, and on the Chatham Islands. His particular interest is coastal birds. Graham has extensive experience in ecological survey, management and monitoring.
He has provided Expert Evidence on behalf a range of clients to local authority hearings as well as Boards of Enquiry and the Environment Court.
Key projects include
- Summerset Holdings – monitoring; ecological assessments
- Mangrove removal effects – Pahurehure & Mangawhai
- Long Bay – Okura Great Park Protection Society appeal
- Auckland International Airport coastal bird assessments – second runway
- Puhoi-Warkworth Highway Board of Inquiry evidence on the terrestrial ecology
- Marsden Cove long-term coastal bird monitoring
- Refining New Zealand coastal bird surveys
- Viaduct Basin redevelopment effects assessment for the America’s Cup
- Whangamata Marina long-term coastal bird monitoring
- Terrestrial bird survey: 500ha Reefton beech forest
- Watercare Services: long term treatment plant bird monitoring